Statement of Intent
This is the Oughterard Leisure Centre website policy relating to the personal information that you may be asked to provide. This may include email address, personal data and other relevant information necessary to communicate and/or deliver specified services to our users. Below we have outlined specific guidelines to inform you of how we retain your information and for what purpose. We have the highest respect for your privacy and promise to honour this policy.
Information we collect about you
● Information provided voluntarily about you. For example when you register for information, apply for a particular service or make a comment or complaint.
● Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means such as letter, email or telephone call.
● Information collected using cookies on your computer about how you browse our website.
● Typically the data consists of name, address date of birth, telephone numbers, email addresses, next of kin, gender, guardian, health screening information, data related to your state of fitness such as height- body mass index or blood pressure, biometric data (cctv footage), merchant copies of credit and debit receipts.
● Standing order and direct debit customers may also have records of bank addresses, IBAN and BIC numbers stored by us.
Use of your personal data
We use your data to verify information, administer and provide services, research and develop our services and for marketing with your explicit consent.
The information you have provided to Oughterard Leisure Centre will be used to administer your membership and exercise and assist with your exercise goals.
Disclosure of Information
In addition to these safeguards, your personal information is protected in Ireland by the Data Protection Act. This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, where necessary and not retained for longer that is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of all personal information we hold for you. All requests should be sent to: Data Protection Officer, Oughterard Community Centre, Main Street, Oughterard, Co. Galway.
Oughterard Leisure Centre Ltd is bound by the Data Protection Act and will comply with its requirements. Any details you give will remain completely confidential.
Changes to Privacy Poilcy
Oughterard Leisure Centre Ltd reserves the right to modify and update the terms and conditions of this website. In continually striving to improve our service for our clients we need to be able to enhance the site in ways deemed appropriate.
DATA COMMISSION NUMBER: +353 57 8684800